Following the announcement of an Olympic Esport work in Singapore in June 2023 Share of Voice looked at five things that people are Googling on this topic.
Tracking what people are searching for on Google can be essential when it comes to content creation, distribution, and monetisation for several reasons:
- Understanding Audience Interests and Trends: Tracking search trends helps content creators and marketers understand the information or entertainment the audience seeks. This can help guide the development of new content more likely to capture audience attention and engagement.
- Keyword Research for SEO: SEO, or Search Engine Optimisation, is a crucial content distribution aspect. When content is optimised for keywords that people are frequently searching for, it is more likely to appear in search engine results, leading to higher traffic and, potentially, more significant revenue from advertising or other monetisation strategies.
- Predicting Market Behavior: Google search trends can also provide valuable insights into emerging market trends, helping businesses anticipate consumer behaviour shifts and adjust their strategies accordingly.
- Competitive Analysis: Understanding what users are searching for can give businesses a sense of what their competitors might be doing. A surge in searches related to a specific product or service could mean that a competitor is gaining traction.
- Content Relevancy: By aligning content with popular and relevant search queries, creators can ensure their content stays relevant and exciting to their target audience. This could enhance user engagement and content sharing, further improving search engine ranking and visibility.
- Paid Search Advertising: Understanding search trends is critical for designing effective ad campaigns for businesses using Google Ads or similar advertising platforms. By targeting commonly searched terms within their niche, companies can ensure their ads reach a more interested and engaged audience.
- Identifying and Fulfilling User Needs: Search queries often reflect the needs and desires of users. By tracking these queries, content creators can identify gaps in available content and create new content to meet these needs. This not only helps in attracting traffic but also aids in establishing authority and credibility in a given niche.